European Car Brands
The European automotive sector has ascended to the top of the global industry. The European car manufacturers have a high reputation for their quality made cars, innovative technologies, and trend-setting marketing and design.
As of 2019, the Volkswagen Group is the largest car manufacturer in Europe, followed by Daimler (Germany), BMW (Germany), Peugeot (France) and Renault (France).
Here are the top five leading countries in European car manufacturing, including Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Sweden.
Let's take a look at which countries and famous car brands are on the list.
Being home to the modern car, the German automobile industry is regarded as the most competitive and innovative in the world. German-designed cars won in the European Car of the Year, the International Car of the Year, the World Car of the Year annual awards the most times among all countries.
Germany is famous for the high-performance and high-quality sports cars made by Porsche, and the cars of Mercedes, BMW and Audi are famous for their quality and technological innovation. In the mass market, Volkswagen and Opel are most well known.
- 1Germany Porsche Luxury Sports Cars
- 2Germany Mercedes-Benz Luxury Vehicles
- 3Germany BMW Luxury Vehicles
- 4Germany Audi Luxury Vehicles
- 5Germany Volkswagen Mass-Market Cars
- 6Germany Opel Mass-Market Cars
See all German Car Brands
The automotive industry in the United Kingdom is now best known for ultra-luxury cars and luxury sports car marquees including Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Lagonda, Land Rover, Jaguar, McLaren, Lotus, Mini, MG, and Morgan.
- 1United Kingdom Rolls-Royce Ultra-luxury Cars
- 2United Kingdom Bentley Ultra-luxury Cars
- 3United Kingdom Aston Martin Luxury Sports Cars
- 4United Kingdom McLaren Luxury Sports Cars
- 5United Kingdom Land Rover Luxury Sport Utility Vehicles
- 6United Kingdom Jaguar Luxury Vehicles
- 7United Kingdom Mini Luxury Small Cars
See all British Car Brands
Today, the Italian automotive industry continues to boast a wide range of products, from very compact city cars to sport supercars such as Ferrari and Pagani.
- 1Italy Ferrari Super Luxury Sports Cars
- 2Italy Lamborghini Super Luxury Sports Cars
- 3Italy Maserati Super Luxury Sports Cars
- 4Italy Alfa Romeo Luxury Sports Cars
- 5Italy Fiat Small Cars
See all Italian Car Brands
The two main automotive manufacturers in France are PSA Peugeot Citroën, makers of Peugeot and Citroen, and Renault, which makes Renault and Dacia (in Romania).
- 1France Bugatti Luxury Supercars
- 2France Renault Mass-Market Cars
- 3France Peugeot Mass-Market Cars
- 4France Citroen Mass-Market Cars
See all French Car Brands
Sweden’s automobile industry has long been synonymous with exceptional quality and safety, whether it be trucks, busses, passenger vehicles. Volvo has established a well-earned reputation for building what is among the safest cars on the road.
- 1Sweden Koenigsegg Luxury Supercars
- 2Sweden Volvo Luxury Vehicles
- 3Sweden Saab Manufacturer
- 4Sweden Scania Heavy-duty Trucks
See all Swedish Car Brands
Other European Countries
- 1Czech Republic Škoda Mass-Market Cars
- 2Spain SEAT Compact Cars
- 3Russia Lada Compact Cars
(Sort by Popularity)
10 Most Popular European Car Brands in the U.S.
The Mercedes-Benz was the best-selling European car brand in the United States. Meanwhile, BMW edged past Volkswagen to become the second best-selling European car brand in the United States.
- 1Germany Mercedes-Benz Luxury Vehicles
- 2Germany BMW Luxury Vehicles
- 3Germany Porsche Luxury Sports Cars
- 4Germany Volkswagen Mass-Market Cars
- 5Germany Audi Luxury Vehicles
- 6Italy Ferrari Super Luxury Sports Cars
- 7Sweden Volvo Luxury Vehicles
- 8United Kingdom Jaguar Luxury Vehicles
- 9United Kingdom Bentley Ultra-luxury Cars
- 10United Kingdom Land Rover Luxury Sport Utility Vehicles
(Sort by Popularity)
|*4||Ford Motor||United States|
|*5||General Motors||United States|